Superintendent Operations Support for Europe, 2-Stroke Services, permanent positions.
HEGSØ Search & Consulting has the task of finding Superintendent Engineers with strong 2-stroke background, for our customer, Wärtsilä 2-stroke Services.
In this role, some travel is required to attend vessels for troubleshooting and performance related tasks or to meet with customers around the world. Thus, we expect you to be ready to travel up to approximately 30-40 days per year.
For these positions you can either work from the Copenhagen, Hamburg, or Zurich office.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Ship Operation Engineering or equivalent
What will you be doing?
You will be joining a strong team of experts providing operation support and high- level consultancy to owner and operator of 2-stroke large bore engines.
As Superintendent Operations Support your work will focus on these responsibilities:
- Providing technical and operations support to operator and owner of 2-stroke marine installations
- Providing technical consultancy to customer and internal stakeholder
- Providing technical solutions
- Analysis and evaluation of engine performance / condition data
- Providing of technical project management (back-office as well as in-situ) for large repair and conversion projects
- Handling of technical communication towards project related stakeholder, e.g. class societies, insurance companies, customer representatives
- On site 2nd level troubleshooting, commissioning and on side supervision
- Prepare and perform presentations and training courses
- Exploring of sales opportunities and up-selling potentials through the technical inquiries and solutions
- Briefing and debriefing of Service engineers prior /- after service attendance
The below will enable you to shine in this role:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in service or operation of 2-stroke marine diesel engines
- Self-motivated and reliable to take responsibility
- Structured, analytic and self-dependent working attitude
- Good time-management and organisation skills
- Proven knowledge in technical problem solving, communications, project management and presentation skills
- Basic knowledge in sales and technical negotiation
- Good team player in an international and intercultural working environment
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
If you are interested, please contact: Chief consultant Anders Hegelskov, telephone: +45 30356405 / Mail: email@example.com.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Marine Power leads the industry in its journey towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. Our portfolio of engines, propulsion systems, hybrid technology, and integrated powertrain systems deliver the reliability, safety, and environmental performance that Wärtsilä’s Smart Marine vision encompasses. We offer our customers performance-based agreements, lifecycle solutions, and an unrivalled global network of maritime expertise. www.wartsila.com/marine
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com.