For our client, world leader within sonar technology – Teledyne RESON Marine, HEGSØ is looking for a UI desktop developer / C++ / C# Software Engineer.
Teledyne Marine is a world leader in supplying high-quality underwater acoustic solutions, underwater autonomous vehicles, navigation systems and software with global presence and service facilities around the world. In the European part of Teledyne Marine, we are specialized in design, development, manufacturing, marketing and commissioning of advanced Multibeam sonar systems, Inertial Navigation Systems with Fiber Optic Gyro’s and software to manage sensors and systems and perform data processing. We operate in the hydrographic, offshore, dredging, defense & security and marine research business areas.
“Make pretty pictures out of huge amount of data” and “steady application configurations”.
The primary role as an engineer for our software products requires that you can oversee and comprehend a complex system architecture, close to the maritime hardware. It is important that you lean more towards the desktop side of software execution than to the embedded and hardware side of our products.
As a C++ / C# software developer in our team, you will be exposed to a broad range of technical topics. Sensor systems produce massive amounts of real-time data, and we perform massive computations of data to reach the data products ready for UI rendering, post processing and information analysis. Data throughput happens at high speed, so highly efficient computations, and hardware optimized programming is performed in our software. We execute our end-user software mostly on the Windows platform, but we are shifting to making our source code platform agnostic. You will have a challenging and interesting job, producing products for real tough applications and interesting customers globally.
- Desktop software development experience: highly skilled
- Experience with a complete life cycle of a desktop software system
- Proficient in C++ and/or C#
- Knowledge of modern OS coding techniques, network protocols and hardware interfaces
- Expert level knowledge of Windows OS architecture and components
- Knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Knowledge of UML and other modelling methods
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and build tools
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- Self-driven with a successful track record in desktop software development
- Able to drive smaller projects from start to finish, able to break down the problems into manageable parts, oversee complexity in a system and isolate if/when there are knowledge gaps to get team assistance
- Software engineer with a specific product line as primary responsibility, that will be “yours” to manage
- Active part of the team, also with the hardware engineers throughout projects related to data acquisitions, up/downstream communication, how to manage massive data throughput through hardware and software
- Develop software in C++ / C#, work on the ‘engine’ of our software products by integrating the actual data input streams, sensor command and control and UI communication into one coherent system
- Communicate concepts and maintain dialogue with the rest of the development team, from sensors input to the final information presented to the user
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Evaluate and communicate potential software architecture problems
- Propose improvements in software architecture of existing software
- Keep up with the latest technology and tools, keep the software development standards high
Software development Engineering or similar.
You are fluent in English in writing and speaking.
If you want to know more, please contact:
Anders Hegelskov, HEGSØ Search & Consulting, Phone: +45 3035 6405 – Mail: email@example.com